All GP practices are contracted to provide ‘essential services’, that is, basic treatment of ill people.
We also provide the following additional services:
- Child health surveillance, together with the Health Visiting team
- Contraceptive services including Implanon insertion and removal.
- Routine immunisation of children, with the Health Visiting team
- Immunisation for adults in relation to travel. Not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS, please ask our practice nurse for details.
- All Travel vaccines must be arranged MUST GIVE 6WEEKS NOTICE prior to travel. Alternatively contact your local travel clinic
- Cervical smears
- Minor Surgery
We also hold contracts with GGNHSB for the following ‘enhanced services’
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and patients at risk
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with heart disease
- Annual comprehensive review for patients with diabetes; this includes appointments with the dietician and podiatrist
- Annual comprehensive review for patients who have had a stroke.
Antenatal appointments are carried out in secondary care. You call and arrange your own care by booking your appointments directly - Please call the midwifes booking number on 232 4005