All GP practices are contracted to provide ‘essential services’, that is, basic treatment of ill people.
We also provide the following additional services:
- Child health surveillance, together with the Health Visiting team
- Advanced Practice Physio, see information on news page
- Contraceptive services including Implanon insertion and removal.
- Routine immunisation of children, with the Health Visiting team BASED AT "Eastwood Health & Care Centre" Clarkston
- Immunisation for adults in relation to travel. Not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS, please ask our practice nurse for details. We no longer offer private travel please attend a travel clinic or local pharmacy.
- All Travel vaccines must be arranged MUST GIVE 6WEEKS NOTICE prior to travel. Alternatively contact your local travel clinic DURING COVID WE ARE NOT PROVIDING PRIVATE TRAVEL
- Cervical smears
- Minor Surgery injections
We also hold contracts with GGNHSB for the following ‘enhanced services’
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and patients at risk
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with heart disease
- Annual comprehensive review for patients with diabetes; this includes appointments with the dietician and podiatrist
- Annual comprehensive review for patients who have had a stroke.
Antenatal appointments are carried out in secondary care. You call and arrange your own care by booking your appointments directly - Please call the midwifes booking number on 0141 232 4005