Clinics We Offer
All GP practices are contracted to provide ‘essential services’, that is, basic treatment of ill people.
We also provide the following additional services:
- Child health surveillance, together with the Health Visiting team
- Contraceptive services including Implanon insertion and removal.
- Routine immunisation of children, with the Health Visiting team BASED AT "Eastwood Health & Care Centre" Clarkston.
- Immunisation for adults in relation to travel. Not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS, please ask our practice nurse for details. We no longer offer private travel please attend a travel clinic or local pharmacy.
- All Travel vaccines must be arranged must give 6weeks noticeprior to travel. Alternatively contact your local travel clinic during covid we are not providing private travel.
- Cervical smears
- Minor Surgery injections
We also hold contracts with GGNHSB for the following ‘enhanced services
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with heart disease
- Annual comprehensive review for patients with diabetes; this includes appointments with the dietician and podiatrist
- Annual comprehensive review for patients who have had a stroke.
Advanced Practice Physiotherapist
Kirsty Murray/APP has joined our team. If you have a bone, muscle or joint problem they can see you rather than the GP. You can be referred to Kirsty by our highly trained reception team.
They can help with; diagnosis and developing the best plan, provide exercise advice, manage pain, linking with the GP for medication or sick note and referral for further investigations. For ongoing treatment you may be referred to the main physio service or a hospital specialist.
You can self refer yourself for physiotherapy at Eastwood Health and Care Centre.
Alternatively you can arrange Private Physiotherapy and can visit their website at www.woodsphysio.com
Antenatal appointments are carried out in secondary care. You call and arrange your own care by booking your appointments directly - Please call the midwives booking number on 0141 232 4005.